The famous and traditional pecan pie, without all the guilt! We’re bringing a lighter pecan pie recipe to the table to impress your guests this holiday season.
- 3 medium eggs
- 425g canned chickpeas (rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1½ tsp vanilla paste
Let’s be real, the dough can be the hardest part about making a pie, but we’re bringing you a healthy (and very easy) alternative!
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C
- In a bowl, whisk 2 whole eggs and 1 yolk together and set aside one egg white in a cup.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, add them to a blender, and blend them with until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 teaspoon of sugar and the egg white. Mix again.
- Line an 8 inch-diameter pie pan with baking paper, letting it hang over the edge. Using a spatula, spread the chickpea mixture, forming a border around the edge. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C (th. 5/6). Bake for 30 minutes.
Ingredients for the pecan filling:
- 350g pecans + entire nuts for the top
- 95g brown sugar
- 60g powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 225 g maple syrup
- 2 tbsp bourbon (Jack Daniels)
- 4 medium eggs
- 60g soft butter
- 3 tbsp flour
As easy as 1, 2, 3
- Start by preheating your oven to 200°C and put the pecans on the bottom of the pie.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugars, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, bourbon and maple syrup. Then add the beaten eggs. I
- n a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add flour all at once and whisk for 30 seconds. Whisk into the previous mixture and pour the filling over the pecans.
- Place pecan kernels on top (optional, up to you) and bake for 15 minutes at 200°C. Cover with foil and lower the oven temperature to 180°C. Continue to bake for 45-55 minutes, until the filling is set.
Let cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours (which will probably be the time of your dinner) before serving. Your already quite full guests are truly just waiting for their sweet touch as the perfect end to their festive meal!